thoughts... from an unpretentious mind

Monday, September 13, 2004

Diary Online?

Someone's diary is supposed to be a personal thing, almost even a secret. I used to hide mine under my pillow to stop my sisters from reading it, although there's really nothing they don't know about me. So why have an online diary? Why indeed?
The truth is I myself cannot help but read other's diary. I always get a kick out of it! I always want to know what other people are up to. Nosey? Perhaps! But more so, I like knowing what they really think, how they really feel. Because the writer thinks that no one can read their diary, they always write the truth and nothing but the truth. And that is a powerful thing that drives me to read someone's diary, to know the truth. To know the real person, without the facade, without the false laughs.
And for myself, well there's more to it than just being honest to my notebook. It's more literary! I always think that even though I hide it from other people, somehow (maybe when I am dead) someone would be able to read it and think wow this girl can write! I've always wanted to write, but I was never good enough. I'm never good with words, I even stammer sometimes because I cannot just find the right words to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home